Hi there

Say Hi to everybody

Hi there

Postby ahgan84 » 22 Jun 2010 08:14

Hi guys,
Nice to be here cos I'm a stamp collector too. I'm from kuching and just move to KL bcos of work. Just wondering where to get the new stamp and first day cover in KL here. Is it all the post office got?
ahgan84

Re: Hi there

Postby yechohsan » 22 Jun 2010 10:21

Welcome to PSMonline Forum.
You can buy new stamps at GPO and some other bigger post offices around.
Kindly follow "Malaysia new stamp issue" thread to have the first hand information on Malaysia new issues.

Happy collecting.
Maximaphily - A new wave in Philately . Maximum cards of today, collectibles of tommorrow.
Visit my world on Maximaphily - http://mccraze.blogspot.com
yechohsan

Postby ahgan84 » 23 Jun 2010 05:55

Thanks for the help. But do you know which post office in KL area here got sell new stamp and first day cover?
ahgan84

Postby stampheart » 23 Jun 2010 06:27

The main one is at Dayabumi General Post Office which has a Philatelic Bureau.
There is also a post office at Sentul , but no philatelic counter here.
There is also a post office on Jalan Tuanku Abdul Rahman, on the opposite side of Maju Junction.
Perhaps if you ask your working colleagues, they may be able to show you some of the other post offices.
stampheart

Postby MaryPopins » 23 Jun 2010 23:44

GPO is no stranger to anybody.
you will get whatever you want there.
MaryPopins

Postby cmsau » 24 Jun 2010 02:55

Just a note of reminder that GPO only sells FDC on the first day itself, past issues are not being sold there :geek: :geek:

Johnson
cmsau

Postby alexquek » 24 Jun 2010 15:04

ahgan84 wrote:But do you know which post office in KL area here got sell new stamp and first day cover?

You can find it in the post office located in Bandar Sri Damansara (near Kepong or Sungai Buloh).
Best regards
alexquek
alexquek

Postby ronnywong » 29 Jun 2010 03:05

alexquek wrote:
ahgan84 wrote:But do you know which post office in KL area here got sell new stamp and first day cover?

You can find it in the post office located in Bandar Sri Damansara (near Kepong or Sungai Buloh).

Dear alex, are u sure? Ive just moved to Bandar Sri Damansara and Im quite sure the post office dont have the pictorial cancellation. pls correct me if im wrong.
ronnywong

Postby alexquek » 29 Jun 2010 04:21

Dear Ronny,

I am not sure about pictorial cancellations. But this post-office do sell the new issue on the day of issue.

I just checked with the postal staff there last Saturday, who told me that there is always one person (not sure whether guy or girl?) who will be the first in queue and will buy the first day issue. The staff also informed that the recent Railways new issue was "sapu" by this person and only THREE people (including this person) had managed to buy complete set!

I am not too sure about FDC as I never managed to buy any FDC or done any cancellation there! Maybe you want to try....!
Best regards
alexquek
alexquek

Postby ronnywong » 30 Jun 2010 00:51

alexquek wrote:
I am not too sure about FDC as I never managed to buy any FDC or done any cancellation there! Maybe you want to try....!

Dear alex,
thanks for the info.. yes, I realised someone has been buying everything from there as my wife couldnt get any stamps of the ktm issue as well.. hope to have better luck next time. hahaha :D
ronnywong

Return to Say Hello!