Hello to every one.

Say Hi to everybody

Hello to every one.

Postby oqba » 16 Apr 2009 16:13

Hello to everyone my name is Mohd Oqba, please call me Mohd :D . I am originally from Sabah but living in Kuala Lumpur. Collecting stamp as a hobby started quite early in my life back in school days but there was nothing significant about it. I started back to this hobby few years back and trying to create a collection that I can count as an achievement.

I have almost completed a collection 50 years of Malaysian (issued for use throughout Malaysia) stamps from 1957 to 2007. Another thing I have managed is to collect almost all the issues of Bangladesh stamp from 1971 till 2008 and I am trying to build my collection to pre-Bangladesh. Since I am originally from Sabah I have a very keen interest to build up a collation for North Borneo and possibly Sarawak and Labuan. I am more into mint stamps then cto or used.

Collecting stamp is a hobby for me and till now I have done it for personal satisfaction. But I feel now I need to gather more knowledge :idea: about it thus decided to join in to know more, I know I have a lot to learn and I am definite I will pick some good tips and knowledge from all of you. :) :) :)
oqba

Re: Hello to every one.

Postby wendytan1996 » 18 Apr 2009 06:45

Welcome to you ,Mohd.I am wendytan1996,nice to meet you!!!I am also a new member,my English is not good.I say sorry if i say wrong to you.
http://wendytan-1996.spaces.live.com
that is my spaces,let's come to visit now!!!
wendytan1996

Postby kcmak » 19 Apr 2009 10:36

Welcome Mohd. Oqba. Just back from Luoyang, China, after attending the world Exhibition there.
It is adviable to learn more able stamp collecting before you venture to other states. It could be better if you just build up a collection on a single state.
kcmak

Postby alexquek » 21 Apr 2009 14:36

oqba wrote:But I feel now I need to gather more knowledge :idea: about it thus decided to join in to know more, I know I have a lot to learn and I am definite I will pick some good tips and knowledge from all of you. :) :) :)

Welcome Mohd Oqba to this forum! You have made the correct decision to join us here! We hope to be able to help you in your fascinating journey in stamp collecting!

kcmak wrote:It could be better if you just build up a collection on a single state.

Why not start with Sabah since you are originally from there? Do you have any stamps stamped with "Jesselton" postmark? Kota Kinabalu, the capital city of Sabah was formerly known as Jesselton. But later, Jesselton was renamed Kota Kinabalu on 30th September 1968. This is an interesting area and which had made me interested with it as I recently bought some stamps on piece (on eBay) with "Jesselton" postmark. However, unfortunately you are more into mint stamps!
Best regards
alexquek
alexquek

Return to Say Hello!