Royal wedding of Prince William to Ms Catherine Middleton

New stamp issue from the World

Royal wedding of Prince William to Ms Catherine Middleton

Postby kiguss » 24 Apr 2011 16:12

Is there any country issue stamps for William & Kate?
kiguss

Re: Royal wedding of Prince William to Ms Catherine Middleto

Postby cwwong » 24 Apr 2011 22:43

read in the Glen Stephens website that NZ Post made a boo-boo with the WRONG date of birth for the Prince in their presentation pack and this pack was withdrawn from sale very soon afterwards and re-issued with the corrected date. It seems that the few lucky collectors who had bought the "wrong date" pack can now sell them for a few hundred A$$$ ! Another case of the early bird catches the worm. AND....not only POS Malaysia makes blunders.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
cwwong

Postby kiguss » 27 Apr 2011 15:59

hehe... 1st time post pic...
but why i preview no problem?
kiguss

Postby vax2 » 27 Apr 2011 17:52

You can use the "EDIT" button to make changes.
vax2

Postby cwwong » 28 Apr 2011 10:13

Here's the Royal Wedding MS on FDC issued by GB. Only this MS was issued together with the presentation pack and FDC. No stamp set from GB. Notice that it is addressed to me ie from Royal Mail, NOT Buckingham Palace lah :lol: :lol: :lol:

cwwong

Postby chee » 28 Apr 2011 16:15

cwwong wrote:Here's the Royal Wedding MS on FDC issued by GB. Only this MS was issued together with the presentation pack and FDC. No stamp set from GB. Notice that it is addressed to me ie from Royal Mail, NOT Buckingham Palace lah :lol: :lol: :lol:

VERY NICEEEEEEE...
chee

Postby cwwong » 28 Apr 2011 23:14

And notice how Royal Mail cancels MS on covers. One cancel for all 4 stamps in MS, and one cancel to tie MS to cover. So now if you have a similiar cover to cancel, you can do it like Royal Mail !! ;) ;) ;)
cwwong

Postby ausfoo » 07 May 2011 07:32

I've given up on Worldwide and Commonwealth issue for quite some time now. I've been very tempted to buy the Royal Mail MS but i did not (No point buying them??) No offence :D ... I just wanted to highlight something peculiar.. Every royal event is always marked by a gigantic series of Omnibus issues by the Crown Agents (now called CASCO).. But CASCO has missed it time.. VERY WIERD!! That's why you don't hear Ascension Island, Pitcairn Islands, British Antarctic Terr, British Indian Ocen Terr issuing Prince William's Royal Wedding stamps..

By the way, I think the thread title should be, Royal Wedding of Prince William and Ms Catherine Middleton rather than Prince William TO Ms Catherine Middleton..
ausfoo

Postby cwwong » 17 May 2011 11:53

ausfoo wrote:I've given up on Worldwide and Commonwealth issue for quite some time now - you sound like you have been around for a few decades :lol: :lol: .... I've been very tempted to buy the Royal Mail MS but i did not (No point buying them??) No offence :D ... I just wanted to highlight something peculiar.. Every royal event is always marked by a gigantic series of Omnibus issues by the Crown Agents (now called CASCO).. But CASCO has missed it time.. VERY WIERD!! That's why you don't hear Ascension Island, Pitcairn Islands, British Antarctic Terr, British Indian Ocen Terr issuing Prince William's Royal Wedding stamps..

By the way, I think the thread title should be, Royal Wedding of Prince William and Ms Catherine Middleton rather than Prince William TO Ms Catherine Middleton..

No omnibus because Prince William is not next in line to the throne, unlike Prince Charles when he married Diana. He may very well be the next King if his father actually pass over the line to him but that is a different matter.
cwwong

Postby ausfoo » 18 May 2011 11:50

cwwong wrote:
ausfoo wrote:I've given up on Worldwide and Commonwealth issue for quite some time now - you sound like you have been around for a few decades :lol: :lol: .... I've been very tempted to buy the Royal Mail MS but i did not (No point buying them??) No offence :D ... I just wanted to highlight something peculiar.. Every royal event is always marked by a gigantic series of Omnibus issues by the Crown Agents (now called CASCO).. But CASCO has missed it time.. VERY WIERD!! That's why you don't hear Ascension Island, Pitcairn Islands, British Antarctic Terr, British Indian Ocen Terr issuing Prince William's Royal Wedding stamps..

No omnibus because Prince William is not next in line to the throne, unlike Prince Charles when he married Diana. He may very well be the next King if his father actually pass over the line to him but that is a different matter.

Maybe because of the sudden stop of buying worldwide issues. I used to order them frequently from their local POs (not from agents) as I fancy the covers inside and also the postal cover outside. One aim was to have one single modern FDC (post 1990) from every commonwealth country. Used to be fascinated by issues from British Antarctic Territory, British Indian Ocean Territory, South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands, Tristan da Cunha, Ascension, St Helena and you know where... haha
ausfoo

Next

Return to World New Stamp issue