A thread on monthly auction

Have your suggestions to improve on the forum board

Re: A thread on monthly auction

Postby kennywkt » 29 Mar 2009 06:06

I suggest that there is no way to argue about which privileges should be protected for members and which benefits have to be opened for non-members, as this is NOT our consents here, this should be bring up by the society members during their weekly meeting and let it decided by EXCO and not us and here. As I have seen, there are many online communities have well set up their policy clear about its member rights, privileges, benefits, privacy, rules and regulations for their portal, but I don't even seen one here, and this is always lead to arguments, especially for the member whose alway come out his opinions without refer to EXCO first and just simply "hentam" his opinions that his personally think right but not actually represented the opinions from the EXCO, thus, the EXCO is sleeping in this online forum. (Sorry, I am not critise to anyone in PSM, but I just would like to see the forum under CONTROL and MANAGE). What should we knows our right here is we only could voice up and make suggestion here rather than making arguments, if you want your comments or opinions influence to EXCO, please join the PSM and to be EXCO if you like.

For myself, as a non-members of the society, although I am not able to enjoy such privileges and benefits from the society, but in anywhere, I always support any activities organised by the society, and I willing to share whatever I know and I have on the forum for the good of every stamp collectors, I try to learn from Uncle Andrew and from other members of other great philately communities like StampBoards and MyPhilately, to be generous. I like to share, but not sharing because of I want something return. I love to share because I love to meet friends and to explore. Well, you can say I am "Idiots" but I am thinking wise here. Generosity - is what is lacking with Malaysian's stamp collectors, PSM should promote the philately with generosity and also educate its members and public to be more generous to share, rather than I always heard from foreign collectors commented Malaysian's collectors as "Self-fish", "Chow Car", "Con-Man" or "Scammer". PSM should has its responsibilities to clear such notorious name on Malaysians and to promote friendliness of Malaysians.

And yes, If you want to know about stamp collecting and philately, please stay away from spoon-feed cultures, be a little bit more adventure to explore, the information you may get is wrong but please ask without hesitate. There is not necessary to bring it out here, but other portal like StampBoards and Myphilately will do. We are living in formation age today, it is possible that every information are easily available to all users or consumers rather than relied on publications, and I believe there is many generous guy publishes their blog about their collection online to seek comments and opinions and also to share, but the most important is you must dare to ask from here and there if you want the information!
ImageImage
User avatar
kennywkt
 
Posts: 750
Joined: 02 May 2008 02:54

Re: A thread on monthly auction

Postby kennywkt » 29 Mar 2009 07:48

I also noticed that some members here mentioned that they are member of PSMOnline's forum on their eBay listing. I don't know is it allowed to do so, but I personally advice that if the members are unethically sell their items on eBay, it would be reflected the bad image of PSM as well as Malaysians. PSM is not PTS, APS, ASDA or ANDA. Please take note of it.
ImageImage
User avatar
kennywkt
 
Posts: 750
Joined: 02 May 2008 02:54

Re: A thread on monthly auction

Postby cwwong » 29 Mar 2009 08:57

kennywkt wrote: PSM should promote the philately with generosity and also educate its members and public to be more generous to share,


But kenny, isn't that what PSM is trying to do by establishing this forum FREE for collectors in general and also many PSM senior members giving inputs to educate and generate interest in stamp-collecting ? But there are also certain areas that are private and members of the forum should respect that, and I am sure a vast majority of them do.
Last edited by cwwong on 29 Mar 2009 09:08, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
cwwong
 
Posts: 2290
Joined: 01 May 2008 13:05
Location: Subang Jaya

Re: A thread on monthly auction

Postby cwwong » 29 Mar 2009 09:03

kennywkt wrote:I also noticed that some members here mentioned that they are member of PSMOnline's forum on their eBay listing. I don't know is it allowed to do so, but I personally advice that if the members are unethically sell their items on eBay, it would be reflected the bad image of PSM as well as Malaysians. PSM is not PTS, APS, ASDA or ANDA. Please take note of it.


If a person say that they are a member of an Online forum, I will just laugh because it doesn't carry any weight. Anybody can be a member of any online forum. But it is different, if you say you are a member of PSM because PSM is registered under the society's act and like any society, PSM can act against any member who do anything to tarnish its name.
User avatar
cwwong
 
Posts: 2290
Joined: 01 May 2008 13:05
Location: Subang Jaya

Re: A thread on monthly auction

Postby kennywkt » 29 Mar 2009 10:44

cwwong wrote:
kennywkt wrote: PSM should promote the philately with generosity and also educate its members and public to be more generous to share,


But kenny, isn't that what PSM is trying to do by establishing this forum FREE for collectors in general and also many PSM senior members giving inputs to educate and generate interest in stamp-collecting ? But there are also certain areas that are private and members of the forum should respect that, and I am sure a vast majority of them do.


Pleaselaah, I refer to those not willing to contribute their experience by posting here rather than hiding behind the forum. I didn't see many senior members of PSM contribute their posting here. Compare to StampBoards, the members there quite generous to point out their views and opinions in various area of collecting stamps even those don't know to use the computer, they learned it step by step! Compare to the people here, just hiding behind the computer because afraid people will laugh on them.
Last edited by kennywkt on 29 Mar 2009 11:36, edited 5 times in total.
ImageImage
User avatar
kennywkt
 
Posts: 750
Joined: 02 May 2008 02:54

Re: A thread on monthly auction

Postby kennywkt » 29 Mar 2009 10:51

cwwong wrote:
kennywkt wrote:I also noticed that some members here mentioned that they are member of PSMOnline's forum on their eBay listing. I don't know is it allowed to do so, but I personally advice that if the members are unethically sell their items on eBay, it would be reflected the bad image of PSM as well as Malaysians. PSM is not PTS, APS, ASDA or ANDA. Please take note of it.


If a person say that they are a member of an Online forum, I will just laugh because it doesn't carry any weight. Anybody can be a member of any online forum. But it is different, if you say you are a member of PSM because PSM is registered under the society's act and like any society, PSM can act against any member who do anything to tarnish its name.


I suggest that let the EXCO decide with it. I can't say and don't have any right to say it is wrong or right, remember if everyone just simply join the forum and said they are member of PSM's forum will give the wrong impression to buyer especially those young and foreign buyer that the seller is PSM's registered member and misinterpret that they are trustworthy seller.
ImageImage
User avatar
kennywkt
 
Posts: 750
Joined: 02 May 2008 02:54

Re: A thread on monthly auction

Postby MaryPopins » 29 Mar 2009 12:33

Saw this webpage of the International Phillippines philatelic society which has a comprehensive report online of its society's regular auctions.

http://www.theipps.info/auction.htm
MaryPopins
 

Re: A thread on monthly auction

Postby cwwong » 29 Mar 2009 13:19

kennywkt wrote: I refer to those not willing to contribute their experience by posting here rather than hiding behind the forum. I didn't see many senior members of PSM contribute their posting here. Compare to StampBoards, the members there quite generous to point out their views and opinions in various area of collecting stamps even those don't know to use the computer, they learned it step by step! Compare to the people here, just hiding behind the computer because afraid people will laugh on them.


I only agree with you on those PSM members who do not come into the forum because they do not want to contribute.

Ye had already mentioned that many senior members are not comfortable with the pc, so to criticize those that are not on the internet because they do not know how to use the pc is grossly unfair. That is their choice. You cannot force people to go to the internet. It doesn't mean that they are less willing to help collectors. There are many senior members who are really very helpful, even I learn from them. We meet during new issues, we meet during auctions and stampfairs, tea tarik cafes and everywhereelse. The internet is only one way of acquiring knowledge, it is by no means the only way.
Last edited by cwwong on 29 Mar 2009 13:27, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
cwwong
 
Posts: 2290
Joined: 01 May 2008 13:05
Location: Subang Jaya

Re: A thread on monthly auction

Postby yechohsan » 29 Mar 2009 13:26

Yes, there are a few senior members of the society whom are still incapable of using the computer, however, they are always very helpful in sharing the knowledge in their areas of expertise.
Maximaphily - A new wave in Philately . Maximum cards of today, collectibles of tommorrow.
Visit my world on Maximaphily - http://mccraze.blogspot.com
User avatar
yechohsan
 
Posts: 576
Joined: 01 May 2008 12:10
Location: Seremban, N9

Re: A thread on monthly auction

Postby kennywkt » 30 Mar 2009 04:07

kennywkt wrote:
cwwong wrote:
kennywkt wrote:I also noticed that some members here mentioned that they are member of PSMOnline's forum on their eBay listing. I don't know is it allowed to do so, but I personally advice that if the members are unethically sell their items on eBay, it would be reflected the bad image of PSM as well as Malaysians. PSM is not PTS, APS, ASDA or ANDA. Please take note of it.


If a person say that they are a member of an Online forum, I will just laugh because it doesn't carry any weight. Anybody can be a member of any online forum. But it is different, if you say you are a member of PSM because PSM is registered under the society's act and like any society, PSM can act against any member who do anything to tarnish its name.


I suggest that let the EXCO decide with it. I can't say and don't have any right to say it is wrong or right, remember if everyone just simply join the forum and said they are member of PSM's forum will give the wrong impression to buyer especially those young and foreign buyer that the seller is PSM's registered member and misinterpret that they are trustworthy seller.


I suggest to look on this ebay listing for the last sentence - "Bid with confidence: Member of PSM & Malaya Study Group", is the ebay seller is a trustworthy seller, if he just mentioned he is member of PSM? Of course he is not wrong by mention he is member of PSM, anywhere he didn't specified PSM is Philatelic Society of Malaysia, but is it really we can bid with confident if he is member of PSM? If so, how about the seller intended to speculate the price of the philatelic materials and said it is the fair price and bid with confident, because he is member of PSM? I won't say this is wrong here, just would like to clear my doubt about this.
Last edited by kennywkt on 30 Mar 2009 09:58, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
User avatar
kennywkt
 
Posts: 750
Joined: 02 May 2008 02:54

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions to the Forum Board

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron